Data Privacy Notice
In May 2018 the regulations surrounding how companies and organisations can hold your personal data changed. This Notice tells you how we handle your Personal Data and the rights you have, when we hold it. This Notice is intended to comply with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679 (GDPR) which governs how Personal Data is processed within the European Economic Area (EEA).
We are always happy to explain anything which this Notice does not make clear to you.
Who we are?
JLS HOLDINGS, 306 Station road, Bagworth, Coalville, Leicestershire LE67 1BN
You will find our contact details at the end of this Notice.
We are the “data controller” for the purposes of GDPR. This means that we decide how your Personal Data is processed and for what purposes.
Your personal data- what is it?
Personal Data is data that relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. We might be able to identify you from the data itself or by linking that data to other information we have access to. GDPR tells us how we must process your Personal Data.
How do we process your Personal Data?
We comply with our obligations under GDPR in the following ways:
• By keeping Personal Data up to date;
• By storing and destroying it securely;
• By not collecting or retiring unnecessary or excessive amounts of data
• By protecting Personal Data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure; and
• By ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect Personal Data.
We use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
To deliver the service we provide to you
What is the legal basis for processing your Personal Data?
Processing is necessary to fulfil our obligations of contract with our customers
Sharing your Personal Data.
Your Personal Data will be treated as strictly confidential and will NEVER be shared with any third party without your consent.
How long do we keep your Personal Data?
During contract obligations, specifically whilst carrying out the work you have instructed us to do.
Your rights and Personal Data.
Unless we have an exception under GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your Personal Data:-
• The right to request a copy of the Personal Data which we hold about you, without any charge
• The right to request that we correct any Personal Data found to be inaccurate or out of date
• The right to request that your Personal Data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to keep it
• The right to withdraw your consent to processing we carry out at any time
• The right to request that we provide you with your Personal Data and, where possible send that data directly to another data controller
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to accuracy of processing of your Personal Data, to ask us to restrict further processing
• The right to object to the processing of your Personal Data
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office and the seek legal recourse.
If we wish to use your Personal Data for a new purpose, not covered by this Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use. We will do this before we start processing for the new use. We will set out relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
If you have a problem, complaint or, if there is something you don’t understand, please contact us first using the following:
306 Station road, Bagworth, Leicestershire, LE67 1BN
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wimslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.